We Understand You
We are committed to providing you and your family with gentle, state-of-the-art dental care. We understand that you may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. You are not alone. Our practice is committed to making sure that you are comfortable every time you visit our practice. Because we’re sensitive to your needs, you can always count on receiving individual attention from Dr. Schick and his staff.
Your first visit is all about you — your comfort, your happiness, and your dental health.
Your first visit with Dr. Schick includes:
- A review of your complete dental and medical history forms
- Complete X-rays of your teeth and mouth
- An oral exam
- The doctor will inspect your teeth and gums to make sure they are healthy, and check for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay in addition to accessing your periodontal health.
- If we have forms and a copy of your insurance card before your visit we can then do a complimentary review and when you arrive we can give you the needed information and spend more quality time with you.
Once the doctor has reviewed your dental and medical health history forms and completed your dental exam, he will provide you with a dental consultation and information about any additional dental treatments you may need. During this time the doctor will also answer any questions you may have. We welcome any questions and are always available to listen to your concerns.
Please bring these things with you to your first dental appointment:
- Your completed Health History Forms
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining your healthy smile!
No matter what your age, visiting the dentist on a regular schedule will help keep your teeth and gums healthy, and your smile bright! The American Dental Association recommends that you, and your child, visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings. We would love to see you here every six months to make sure that your smile is staying healthy!
We understand that you have a busy lifestyle, so while we like to make sure your appointments are informative; we don’t want to stop you from doing the things you love! When preparing to visit Dr. Schick, for your initial visit, we will be reserving two hours of our schedule to complete a thorough examination and allow time to discuss your treatment options. When it’s time for your next dental appointment, please call and our friendly office staff will help you with an appointment that fits your schedule.